Wooburn Green Primary School is a place where great learning happens every day. We recognise all children as unique individuals and we help them develop the values, behaviours and attitudes to equip them for successful futures.
As a whole school community we have high expectations academically and we are determined to develop our children as well-rounded individuals by providing the highest quality daily experience.
We achieve this through our whole school learning culture, which includes:
- Living and breathing our six school values: kindness, perseverance, community spirit, positivity, respect and compassion.
- High quality daily teaching to ensure every child gets the best outcomes.
- A strong focus on development of the core skills of reading, writing and maths.
- A creative curriculum offer with enhanced enrichment opportunities e.g. Forest School.
- Equipping children with a love of learning and challenge, through the development of Thinking Skills and Growth Mindset.
- Building strong positive relationships and communicating proactively and clearly.
Our vision is that Wooburn Green Primary School is recognised in the community as the place for great learning, for developing individual character and skills and equipping every child to be an enthusiastic life-long learner.
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote and teach British values in school alongside our school values, to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in Great Britain are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs